Today’s question is about the new Part 107 rules for drone pilots.
Our caller for today, DJ has come up with a great question about the new Part 107 drone rules. DJ is confused by these new rules and wishes to know how they impact him as a Part 107 pilot. The FAA recently announced some significant changes to Part 107 rules which might change the way you fly. On today’s show, you will learn how these changes will impact 1) Part 107 Test 2) Part 107 Recurrency 3) Flying at Night, and 4) Flying over Moving Vehicles.
We do a deep dive into each of these points so that you don’t end up on the wrong side of the law. In light of these new changes, you will also learn why the DJI Mavic Mini 2 is the most valuable drone that you can buy right now. Thanks for the great question, DJ. Fly Safe!
New Part 107 Drone Rules Makes Flying Easier – https://www.thedroneu.com/blog/new-part-107-drone-rules-make-flying-easier/
Drone Rule Changes Make Microdrones More Valuable – https://www.thedroneu.com/blog/drone-rule-changes-make-microdrones-most-valuable/
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [06:05]Today’s question is about new Part 107 drone rules
- [07:23]What are the MAIN changes to Part 107 drone rules?
- [09:30]Will you be able to fly your drone over moving vehicles?
- [11:05]Can we expect the FAA to ramp up enforcement?
- [13:28]FAA replaces recurrency test replaced with recurrent training
- [16:15]Flying at night to become easier?
- [17:45]Updated questionnaire for Part 107 beginning March 2021
- [18:57]How do the new drone rules affect flight over people?
- [20:18]Why DJI Mavic Mini 2 is the most valuable drone for Part 107 pilots
- [25:18]Did FAA just legalize flight over moving vehicles?
- [27:15]Can you fly over moving vehicles right now?
- [30:42]How the new drone rules prohibit “sustained flight over vehicles” while allowing traversing