On today’s show, we have Andrew Dennison, Director of Enterprise Services at DroneDeploy who shares with us the latest and most exciting trends from the drone mapping world.
We start this show with Andrew sharing the workflow used by a majority of DroneDeploy pilots. You will learn how drones are being increasingly used as an image sharing tool in construction. We also discuss the big push towards onsite processings and future trends such as LiDAR. Andrew shares DroneDeploy’s big plans for the indoor mapping space.
And towards the end, he shares an untapped and lucrative opportunity that will surely interest enterprising pilots. Do not miss this special show. Enjoy!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:37]Which is the best software for creating orthomosaics?
- [01:12]Paul welcomes Andrew Dennison to the show
- [02:07]Should you create DroneDeploy maps without GCP’s?
- [03:35]Using drones a communications and image-sharing tool
- [04:25]Various use cases for drones in construction
- [06:16]Can you create a 360-degree pano with Drone Deploy?
- [09:15]Some great tips for shooting great panos
- [10:45]How big is the push to cloud in the drone software industry?
- [13:58]How DroneDeploy is constantly upgrading its photogrammetry engine?
- [15:57]Does Andrew foresee a sustained trend towards onsite processing?
- [17:18]Will LiDAR mapping finally take off in 2021?
- [18:55]Is there an untapped opportunity with mapping facilities?
- [21:56]Using drone mapping for solar
- [23:23]DroneDeploy to venture into the indoor mapping space
- [24:13]Get in touch with Andrew!