While a lot of FPV drones include one control approach, the DJI Avata includes 2, making it more attractive to individuals searching for range and applicability in a vast array of usage cases, both business, and enthusiast.
So, what are the Avata controller alternatives?
The Movement Controller and the DJI FPV controller are the controllers readily available for the DJI Avata. The Movement Controller is an easier albeit minimal variation that uses an instinctive experience. The DJI FPOV controller is advanced and offers you more liberty to manage the drone.
Please keep checking out for more information about these 2 controller alternatives, including their functions, strengths, disadvantages, and what circumstances each is finest for.
DJI Avata controller alternatives
This portable controller permits you to manage the drone by moving your wrist.
It’s the simplest method to manage the Avata, and you can manage some remarkable relocations with it even without much experience flying an FPV drone.
The Movement Controller is likewise the default controller that includes Avata.
Nevertheless, it has actually been around considering that DJI initially launched the DJI FPV drone, however considering that it was simply a choice, few individuals got to utilize it.
Below are the highlights of the Movement Controller.
- Accelerator button– This is the big lever that appears like a trigger at the back of the controller. The more you push it inwards, the quicker the drone relocations, and vice-versa.
- Brake– This is the big circular button at the front of the controller. Press it when, and the drone will stop and hover in location. It can be found in helpful when there is an emergency situation and you wish to prevent a crash. This button likewise functions as an RTH button. Press and hold it if you desire the drone to fly back house to trigger the RTH function.
- Start– This is the red button at the front. You utilize it to equip and deactivate the props, remove, and land the drone.
- Mode switch– Listed below the Start button, the Mode button permits you to change in between Sport and Regular Modes. Sadly, Handbook Mode is not readily available when utilizing the Movement Controller.
- Tilt– Found on the left side of the controller, this function permits you to change the gimbal tilt.
- Record– Listed below the Tilt button, the Record button permits you to begin and stop taping.
- Power button– Found at the right of the controller, this is the button you utilize to change the controller on or off.
- Head Tracking– This function permits you to include a yaw motion to the drone as it zips moving your head. You can change it on or off on the safety glasses settings. Nevertheless, this function is just readily available for the Movement Controller.
How to remove and land with the Movement Controller
- Conduct a pre-flight check of the drone, safety glasses, and controller. Make sure all the batteries are totally charged, then power them on and link them appropriately.
- When you are prepared to remove, double press the Start (Red) button to equip the props, and press and hold to remove. The drone instantly removes and hovers about 4 feet in the air.
- To speed up, push the accelerator button. To bank front or backwards, twist your wrist downwards and upwards.
- To bank to the left or the right, move your wrist in the particular instructions. Keep in mind that you need to just move your wrist, not the entire arm.
- When you wish to land, press and hold for a couple of seconds.
Movement Controller disadvantages
Below are some problems with the Movement Controller we can’t disregard.
- DJI sort of “forces” you to get Movement Controller with the Avata. It would be excellent to have the choice to switch in between the 2 rather of needing to purchase the routine controller individually.
- You can’t personalize it. The only settings you can alter for this controller are recalibrating the compass and IMU, however you can’t alter the level of sensitivity or responsiveness of the controls.
- It takes some getting utilized to, particularly if you are utilized to the typical controllers.
- With this controller, some relocations like dives, turns, or reverse are tough.
DJI FPV controller
This controller includes the very first FPV drone DJI made, the DJI FPV. As discussed previously, to utilize this controller with Avata, you need to buy it individually.
If you have actually seen or utilized controllers from routine drones, the DJI FPV controller is no various. You get 2 joysticks.
The ideal joystick controls pitching forward and backwards and rolling left and right.
The left control stick manages the throttle and the yaw.
At the front of the controller, you get the following functions:
- At the top, to the left, there’s the mode choose button to change in between Regular, Sport, and Handbook (Acro).
- Beside the mode choose button to the left is the RTH button.
- Listed Below the RTH and mode choose button is the gimbal dial.
- At the top on the right is the C2 switch button, which you can designate a faster way.
- Beside the C2 button is the Shutter/Record button.
- Listed Below the C2 and Shutter/Record button is the Start and Stop button, which you will require when flying in Regular Mode.
- The lanyard holder is at the front in the middle, where you connect your lanyard straps.
- To the left is the C1 button to designate any readily available functions.
- On the right, beside the lanyard holder, is the controller’s power button.
How to remove and land with the DJI FPV controller
- Initially, you require to bind the controller to the drone. You do this by powering up both the drone and the controller.
- Then, press and hold the drone’s power button up until it begins beeping and flashing the LED lights. Do the exact same for the controller. The binding succeeds when the beep stops, and you get strong LEDs.
- Arm the drone by pressing both sticks downwards and inwards when in Regular and Sport Modes.
- In Handbook Mode, press the throttle stick down totally, then push the Start and Stop button two times.
- Utilize the left stay with remove, land, and yaw delegated right, and utilize the ideal stay with pitch forward and back and roll left and right.
- To land the drone in Regular and Sport Modes, you can by hand utilize the RTH or bring it to the ground.
- Once it’s on the ground, you can stop the motors by pressing the left stick downwards.
- To stop the motors in Handbook Mode, press the Start/Stop button two times.
Downsides of the DJI FPV controller
- The only disadvantage with this controller is that it has a steeper knowing curve than the Movement Controller.
Which controller should you select?
If you’re a newbie in FPV, beginning with the Movement Controller is finest considering that it’s much easier to utilize and you can manage some standard drone maneuvers.
If you wish to get proficient at FPV flying and utilize FPV drones for business applications such as public security or for shooting cinematic shots, get the DJI FPV controller as quickly as possible.
The Movement Controller is just for enjoyable and is restricted because there are some relocations you can’t manage, and you do not have access to Handbook Mode.
With the FPV controller, you can turn, dive, struck spaces, and get imaginative with your drone.
Nevertheless, you need to invest a great deal of time in practice, generally on a simulator. It’s great that DJI developed a simulator particularly for Avata where you can link the controller and practice flying.
Handbook Mode is a customized mode in which you need to open the controller to trigger it.
Unless you have actually had adequate practice or have some previous experience in flying FPV drones, it’s suggested to stay with Regular and Sport Modes and change to Handbook Mode when you’re comfy with it.