Pleased Dad’s Day and Juneteenth to all who are commemorating. Here, 11 more things we’re noting this weekend:
Above: A preferred from today’s Supporting Fond Memories At Glebe Home, A Visitor Home and Dining Establishment in Rural Devon Photo by George Chesterton and Olive Visitor.
- Appreciating: a collection of 50 vintage Swedish rag carpets at Sharktooth.
- The most popular chair of 2023? This one offered out in a couple of hours
- And more in chair news: “ I like this rocking chair repro,” reports Margot. “It’s made by designer Mel Smilow’s child, who continues her dad’s tradition.”
- Julie likes these silk pjs that make a declaration
- Broom making, hat plaiting, bell starting, and more on the Endangered Crafts list
- Weekend listening: utilizing centuries-old strategies to reconstruct Notre Dame
- And an LA display: Steinberg satisfies the Eameses
- Julie identified a copy of Remodelista in Maine in a store in Visby, Sweden.
- In the garden with fashion jewelry designer Janet Mavec
- And reader remark of the week: On A Pale and Petite Household Cookspace in Barcelona, Rachel composes: “We remain in the procedure of renovating our entire home and it has actually been rather the task. How do you handle waste? We were considering leasing a dumpster, however that may be overkill.” We advise restoring whatever you can and contributing it to your regional reuse store (see the back of our book Remodelista: The Low-Impact House for a complete list of resources). Have more concepts of how to restrict waste throughout a remodel? Let us understand in the remarks.
- Required a last-minute present concept? Our choices for dads and other crucial folks, here