With NordLocker, you can keep, handle and share specific files. Discover how with this detailed guide.
If you’re trying to find a safe location to shop, handle and share files in the cloud, one alternative is NordLocker.
With a complimentary or paid NordLocker account, you can protect your cloud storage with both a routine password and a master password. After publishing the files you want to keep, you have the ability to move, relabel, erase and download any file. Plus, you can now quickly share a file with another individual by producing a link to it and sending out a security code. Here’s how this works.
NordLocker’s rates strategies
NordLocker provides a number of individual and service strategies with various rates and functions.
- Free: The complimentary strategy limitations you to 3GB of online storage and provides e-mail assistance.
- Personal: Priced at $7.99 a month or $35.88 a year, the Personal strategy provides you 500GB of storage with 24/7 concern assistance.
- Individual Plus: At $19.99 a month or $83.88 a year, the Personal Plus strategy designates 2TB of storage.
- Service: For $12.99 a month or $107.88 a year, business strategy provides you 500GB of storage with gain access to control through an admin strategy and other business-related functions.
- Service Plus: At $18.99 a month or $179.88 a year, business Plus strategy provides the very same functions as business strategy however grants you 2TB of online storage.
Each strategy supplies end-to-end file encryption, so your information is secured in transit, at rest and when you share it. Encrypted files can be as big as 8GB.
SEE: Software application use policy (TechRepublic Premium)
How to check in or register for a NordLocker account
If you currently have an account with NordLocker, search to the web page, click the Log in link on top and check in with your qualifications.
If you do not currently have an account, head to the Register page. Enter your e-mail address and react to the confirmation e-mail. Next, produce your account password, and after that, produce a master password to additional safe your files ( Figure A).
How to produce a locker in NordLocker
If you’re utilizing NordLocker for the very first time, you’ll require to produce a locker in which to safely keep your online files. You can produce as numerous lockers as you require, with every one real estate various kinds of files.
Click the button for Develop a locker. Type a name for the locker, and after that, click Develop ( Figure B).
Next, include the files you want to keep in your locker. Either drag and drop them from your PC onto the locker window, or click the Upload files button, and choose them from File Explorer ( Figure C).
The uploaded files are instantly secured. You can arrange files within a locker by producing a folder.
Click the New folder button at the top. Call your folder, and after that, click Develop ( Figure D).
How to handle files in NordLocker
Click a particular file to see it. To handle a file, click its ellipsis icon, and choose an action from the following menu dropdown:
- Move to move the file into a particular folder.
- Rename to offer the file a brand-new name.
- Erase to get rid of the file.
- Download to download a copy of the file to your computer system.
- Download as ZIP to download a compressed copy of the file ( Figure E).
You can likewise run specific commands on several files by picking 2 or more files and selecting an action from the leading toolbar:
- Download or Download as ZIP to download the picked files to your PC.
- Move to move them into a particular folder.
- Erase to eliminate them ( Figure F).
How to share files in NordLocker
Among the latest alternatives with NordLocker is the capability to share a copy of a file with another person. For this, click the ellipsis icon beside the file you want to share, and choose Share a copy. Click the Generate link button to produce a link to access the file ( Figure G).
In action, NordLocker shows a link to the file along with a security code needed to access the file.
Click the Copy button to copy the link, and after that, do the very same for the security code ( Figure H). Next, you’ll require to send out the link to the file and the security code to anybody with whom you wish to share the file.
NordLocker recommends utilizing different approaches to share the file link and the security code. Keep in mind that individuals you wish to access the file do not require their own NordLocker accounts.
After accessing the link, your recipient or receivers need to go into the security code to get and after that click Continue ( Figure I).
The name of the file appears in NordLocker where the individual can see it online or download it to their gadget. By default, the link ends after 2 weeks.