Searching for minimalism that isn’t boring or cold? Look no further—Remodelista is celebrating Japanese design this week.
Above: Photograph by Masatoshi Mori courtesy of No.555, from Studly: A Surprising Gut Remodel—with Interior Curves—By No. 555 of Tokyo.
Above: See Design Travel: Artful Hotels in Tokyo and Kyoto.
Above: Photograph by Masao Nishikawa for Considered Minimalism: Fog Linen Founder Yumiko Sekine at Home in Tokyo, from Steal This Look: An Uncluttered Bedroom in Tokyo.
- DIY Idea: Japanese Basket as Light Fixture
- Kojima Shōten: Classic Japanese Lanterns Reimagined
- Kitchen of the Week: A Cost-Conscious Cabin Kitchen Puzzled Together from Vintage Finds
- Some of Today’s Most Prized Shaker Boxes are Made in Japan by Masashi Ifuji
- A Memorable Place to Stay in Kyoto: A Historic Textile Factory Newly Open as a Guest House.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.