GreenGeeks will be at WordCamp Phoenix in 2023 at the On Jackson event space on March 24th and 25th. And if you’re not able to attend in person, both tracks of the talks will be streamed and recorded to watch online.
Personally, I love the idea of being able to watch the talks remotely. Not all of us have the time or money to travel across the country to participate in some of these amazing sessions.
What’s Available at WordCamp Phoenix 2023?
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced developer, WordCamps always has something for everyone. The best part is that WordCamp isn’t strictly about WordPress.
In fact, there are a lot of talks that can expand your knowledge about everything from marketing to understanding Core Web Vitals in Search Console.
This year, you can find talks such as:
- Content UX: How to Create a Great Reader Experience – In this presentation, Maddy Osman goes over how to improve the user experience of your content. This includes understanding Google’s algorithms and ways you can adapt quickly.
- The Block Editor and Full Site Editing Crash Course for Freelancers and Agencies – One of the newest additions to WordPress was the Full Site Editing feature for customizing websites. Here, Keanan Koppenhaver helps you understand what it is and how to use it.
- How to Scale WordPress/WooCommerce – If you’re interested in setting up an online store, Robert Windisch can help. In this talk, you’ll learn the best methods of scaling WordPress and WooCommerce to better suit your business needs.
- Social Media & Growing Your Audience – Social media plays a crucial role in success nowadays. And Darreyl Davis can help with this talk about creating engaging content and attracting more followers and subscribers.
- Blogging in the Age of AI: How to Stay Relevant and Competitive – There’s no doubt that artificial intelligence is here to stay. In this talk, Cheryl Marquez goes over how to make sure you’re still relevant while competing against AI-written content.
This is just a handful of what you can find at this year’s WordCamp in Phoenix. There are really too many interesting ones to name in a quick blog post. And many of them I am ear-marking to watch remotely.
Facts About Phoenix AZ During WordCamp
Over the years, we’ve attended or sponsored the WordCamp in Phoenix several times. And if there is one thing you can count on, it is the warm sunlight, even in the middle of winter.
The desert landscape isn’t the only interesting thing about Phoenix, though.
- Phoenix only has one native palm tree (California Fan Palm). All of the other types you see in the area were imported throughout the 1900s for design aesthetics.
- The original 1,000+ miles of canals and ditches currently used for irrigation in Phoenix were dug between 570 and 1400 years ago.
- Over the past 73 years, Phoenix grew from the 100th largest city to the 5th largest in the United States.
See You at WordCamp Phoenix in 2023!
This year, our very own Anna Gargioni and Ericka Barboza will be attending WordCamp Phoenix. Feel free to stop by and say hello before attending any of the amazing talks that are featured this year.
I’d like to take a moment to thank all of the organizers, speakers, volunteers, sponsors, and attendees who make these camps successful. Your contributions are what make these WordCamps an amazing experience.