On today’s show we do a flight time comparison between some popular drones like Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, and Mavic Enterprise.
Our caller for today, Carl is considering the Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, and Mavic Enterprise for drone mapping missions. But he is not sure if these drones can give him a long enough flight time to conclude his job. And understandably, he is also worried about running out of battery mid-flight.
This is a great question that has not been asked before on Ask Drone U.
To help Carl out, we do an in-depth flight time comparison between these popular DJI drones.
Additionally, on today’s show, you will also learn:
How to restart a mission after changing batteries mid-flight
Are the drones intelligent enough to mitigate risk in case of low battery voltage?
Apps to help you operate seamlessly in the above scenarios…
Thanks for the great question, Carl. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:54] On today’s show, we do a drone flight time comparison
- [05:42] Our question for today
- [07:10] What flight time can you expect from a Phantom 4 Pro and an Inspire 2?
- [07:40] DJI Phantom vs. Inspire – why the Phantom 4 Pro remains a perennial favorite
- [08:54] Why the Mavic 2 Enterprise is NOT the right drone for mapping
- [13:05] Are the drones of today smart enough to fly back home in case of low battery?
- [13:34] Apps that allow drone pilots to resume their mission after changing batteries mid-flight
- [14:04] Wrap up – Paul shares some parting wisdom to help Carl out