Today’s show is about using drone surveying for really small properties.
Our caller for today, Jerry wishes to survey small properties with drones. But, is this even feasible? While surveying with drones might be a cost-effective for large tracts of land, can you use this new-age technology for smaller properties as well?
We cover the basics of photogrammetry, and share some great tips to help you grow and scale your drone surveying business in today’s show. Thanks for the great question, Jerry. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF Enjoy!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:17] Things that drone pilots should know BEFORE making a foray into the surveying industry
- [03:12] Why drone surveying is here to stay
- [04:46] Today’s question is about using drone surveying for really small properties
- [06:10] Challenges that drone pilots face when flying in a city like Houston
- [07:58] Back to the basics – understanding the fundamentals of photogrammetry
- [10:41] What are the tasks for a surveyor and the challenges involved
- [15:15] How to grow and scale your surveying business
- [18:24] How to use LiDAR to map an area with dense vegetation
- [22:22] Some great business tips to wrap up this show